Construction start 17 September 2012
Construction of the Gullen Range Wind Farm (the Project) is scheduled to commence on Monday 17 September 2012, with an anticipated 14 month construction period. Catcon and Consolidated Power Projects have been engaged by Gullen Range Wind Farm to undertake construction of the Project.
What to expect
The construction of the Project will involve the following key activities:
Early works approximately 17 September 2012 to 1 October 2012
- implementation of environmental management controls
- establishment of temporary site offices and facilities
- upgrading of onsite roads
- transportation of people and equipment to site
- construction of temporary site offices and facilities.
Construction approximately 1 October 2012 to December 2013
- transportation of people, materials and equipment to site
- civil works for access track construction, footings and trenching for cables
- preparation of hardstand areas
- laying cables
- preparation of the concrete footings
- establishment, operation and removal of concrete batching plants
- installation of wind turbines using large mobile cranes
- construction of a substation and onsite power reticulation lines and cables
- temporary site storage.
Commissioning approximately December 2013 – March 2014
- pre-commissioning checks on all high-voltage equipment
- connection to the grid.
Demobilisation approximately commencement December 2013
- demobilisation and rehabilitation of site compounds
- removal and rehabilitation of temporary road alignments.
Plant and machinery that will be operated during these periods includes trucks, graders, excavators, backhoes, bulldozers, rollers, cranes, water carts, power tools, lighting towers and generators.
Work on site will generally take place during standard construction hours as follows:
- Monday to Friday: 7am – 6pm
- Saturday: 8am – 1pm
Should works be required out of these hours, for example night erection of turbines as a result of strong winds during the day, members of the community will be notified in advance